I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

02 November 2009

Fall Walks


Hope everyone had a great Halloween. I wanted my porch to look inviting for Trick or Treater’s on Saturday. However, I only ended up with maybe twenty minutes to work magic (as the rest of the day was spent handing out campaign flyers) so I scrounged up a few pumpkins, candles, cornstalks (I “borrowed” from my parent’s farmer) and transformed the porch into a fall oasis.

I found the bat lights in my attic – eerily enough I have real bats in the attic so seemed fitting.

Perfect weather for Trick or Treating and so much fun to see the kiddos all dressed up. I walked a LOT Saturday passing out flyers. I brought my camera and snapped photos of my favorite homes of the day.



I have almost bought this cute house on two different occasions – it is one street over from where I live now. I still love the house and could picture myself living there. Downfall is it only has one small bathroom (with no bathtub).

This home is currently for sale and has an amazing view! Asking price is $269,000. Awesome old established neighborhood. A bit large for my current needs though.

I am noticing a trend, brick homes in older neighborhoods.





There were so many more amazing homes and it really was a great opportunity to enjoy the fall weather. Just another positive of this campaign that I wouldn’t have thought of, the chance to stop and admire my wonderful gorgeous hometown. I even gathered up a few ideas for my own home. First on the list is to get rid of the ugly aluminum screen door.

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC