I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

16 September 2009

Campaign Fundraiser for City Council Election

Sunday’s fundraiser was a success. A great turnout and we were able to purchase campaign signs, buttons, and a bit of advertising with the funds raised. More photos of the event are posted on my campaign webpage (www.head4cb.blogspot.com) My mom, Tia, and I prepped the Park Building for the fundraiser.


My cousin Rod donated several cases of wine, my family helped prepare or bring food, and my parents purchased a keg. Thanks a million to all that helped! My mom’s friend Lou (who funny enough I met first through a wine club) also brought a magnum of wine from 1998.

It was excellent. Thanks Lou. This was the first chance in weeks that the whole family was gathered in one spot so I took advantage of the opportunity and had my aunt snap family photos for the campaign brochure (see earlier post for photos that made the cut).

We even found a black squirrel to pose on! How lucky as the black squirrel is our mascot of sorts for this campaign.

I wanted a cute photo of Cole and I as well –I wore flats and even standing on my tip toes he is way taller than I!

Then it was time for the party. My sister in law Christine though it was fun to pose like a 1950’s couple with Cole??

This table of ladies definitely look like they are up to no good.

Towards the end of the night I took a break from mingling to relax.

A special thanks goes out to my family who are a constant source of support and encouragement. You guys are the best and I would not be who I am today without each of you! Words can truly never express how grateful I am to have each of you as my family.



No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC