I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

29 September 2009

Iowa Western Community College Black Tie


Saturday I had the pleasure of attending the Iowa Western Black Tie fundraiser.

I always love an excuse to get all fancied up! Cole and I went with his parents.

The fundraiser consisted of a cocktail hour and silent auction (I won a very cool vintage coat), dinner, live auction, and dancing. It was a great event, everyone had fun, and scholarship money was raised for the students. Over one million dollars has been raised for scholarships over the past ten years!


They even had an oxygen bar which was a big hit with many.

The Rumbles played at the end for dancing – excellent band and a fun opportunity to socialize. As we were exciting I decided to snap a photo of the green carpet.

The theme for the evening was Go Green - hence the green carpet. It is amazing how much Iowa Western has changed since I was a student there, all positive changes and exciting to witness. Very nice that Council Bluffs has such an outstanding community college available to its current residents, and to attract new residents even if just for a few years.

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC