I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

01 September 2009

Niobrara State Park


We stayed two nights in a two bedroom cabin at the Niobrara State Park. I love state parks. The settings are always amazing.




The rates are very affordable and you have a small cabin where you can cook and relax unlike a hotel room. We even had a cute screen porch

That overlooked the Missouri River.

The cabin itself is very no frills and basic but clean.



We have a cabin of our own in Niobrara. But several years ago we had issues with the water and everyone was at an age where going there on a regular basis was not feasible (think elderly grandparents and middle/high school kids with lots of activities) so we just quit going.



The current state of the cabin is disrepair. I had high hopes up until this weekend that we could still fix it up. I have now come to the realization that it isn’t going to happen. Here is a sneak peak of what the inside currently looks like. The living room and kitchen/dinning room.


My parent’s bedroom.

My grandparent’s bedroom.

My bedroom (yes I had my own bedroom and my brothers had to sleep in the living room – spoiled?? Not me).

And the bathroom.

I would have cried walking through this house had I been there alone. Was just disheartening to see a place where so many wonderful memories were created to be in total shambles. I still get a little sad looking at these photos and thinking about it. I miss the cabin and I miss my grandparents. Luckily I had a fun travel partner ready to explore the great outdoors so the sadness was short lived.

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC