I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

05 May 2014

2014 Lincoln Half Marathon


"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us," Hebrews 12:1


I think this is the 5th year I've ran this half marathon! My first first half was the Lincoln half in 2009. Pretty much always with the same great group of ladies - give or take a few.

This year I did NOT want to run at all. I had just ran the Gambler half the weekend prior and my legs were tired. Plus it was a busy weekend with a lot of other activities and a yard calling for attention. In the end I ran it and I'm super glad I did. Always a sense of accomplishment when done plus it wasn't as miserable as I expected.

 
Ran with some friends from school the first 4-5 miles just chatting away and catching up. Not worrying about my time, then the second half just kinda ran whatever felt comfortable without pushing it, stopped for oranges, gummy bears, all the goodies and stopped to use the restroom (which I never normally do). For sure my slowest race to date but at least I finished without walking right??

Results were 1:32:04 was total time. An average of 11:37 a mile. The best part is I have awesome friends and family that waited for me to finish and congratulated me even on my pokey time. Treated myself to a little shopping at Regency as part of Berkshire weekend afterwards and have a massage schedule for tomorrow for my poor sore body. Can't wait.

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC