I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

20 May 2014

Celebrate CB Parade 2014


 
 
Luckily the bug is fixed and was back in parade ready status just in time for this year's event. 

 

Unfortuantly due to a decision by the Celebrate CB Parade Board  there was somewhat of a black cloud over our parade this year. A Veterans float was excluded and it caused many other groups to bow out to support the Veterans. I still participated as I felt as a member of the City Council I didn't want to let down all of the students, businesses, and nonprofits that spend hours or more creating floats, practicing their routines, and preparing for this parade.


We were blessed with a gorgeous weather day and my driver (thank you brother Erik) did amazing. Thankful for that and hopeful a solution will be worked out to ensure the Veterans are not excluded next year. All three of the Head kids particpated in the parade this year and our mom - quite possibly the greatest cheerleader ever - came out to watch us.


No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC