I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

27 May 2015

24 Spruce Yard Progress

 Our Niobrara cabin is actually in town (the land has a house but it's in a sad state of inhabitable means). When we first bought the house it had ZERO landscaping except for a few bushes in front and a measly tree. The first spring we got to work planting away.

I don't have any true before photos as all of these show a few of the things we had just planted. But you get the idea. This last weekend I realized wow our yard is finally starting to look a little more landscaped and pretty. I am loving it! Can't wait for midsummer when the grasses are higher, the roses blooming, and everything even fuller.

BEFORE
 
AFTER
AFTER
 The roses and grasses look really pretty in a month or two.
BEFORE


AFTER

AFTER
 
This was a side view of the yard. The hostsas just didn't work, this year I think we finally have plants in there that work!  And I love how all the other plants and bushes are finally filling in nicely to soften the house.
 
BEFORE


AFTER


This random area by what will eventually be a deck had this crazy cement drain of sorts. That has been removed and in it's place an awesome garden box.

BEFORE

AFTER
Obviously we still have a long way to go and things we want to do. We need a deck built, we need a bit more grass and to fill in some areas with bushes or flowers. But overall I am happy with how it's looking and just seems so much more lived in and inviting than it did before. I need to snap front yard pics next time. If we lived there full time I am sure things would be even better, but for the occasional visit not too shabby.

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC