I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

20 May 2015

My Bedroom Needs Refresh

My bedroom is in desperate need of a little pick me up. A little botox of sorts. It's not awful (well if you discount the color samples on the wall) by any means. I actually still love the bedding. It's just way too heavy for spring/summer so I have come to terms I need to use it int he fall/winter and the something lighter the other times.
 

 These pictures were all snapped quick when I was home and we actually had a tad bit of sun. I did zero staging obviously and it's slightly messy. Mostly just wanted a few before. I want to strip the woodwork as it's peeling in several places. I also want the walls more of a dark charcoal color. I am open to any perfect charcoal color suggestions. I like dark dramatic bedrooms.


The biggest issue is what you see here. A HUGE armoire that I love and it's pretty but it's huge, and a after the fact closet that is way useful but not pretty at all and takes up a ton of space. There is another closet in the room so tearing this out won't ruin the only storage. As useful as it is I really think I need to tear it out so back to the original room shape and move the armoire to it's location. Thoughts?

 
Then I could put a pretty mirrored dresser on the other side of the bed as well. More uniform and much more open feeling. I need to switch up the art arrangement some also. I like both pieces but the one is too small. Maybe move the location or make it more of a gallery style wall.
 


No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC