I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

19 May 2009

Eugene T Mahoney State Park


With the long holiday weekend approaching I wanted to share a fun weekend getaway idea. Mahoney State Park, it is located in Nebraska between Omaha and Lincoln. Cabins are very reasonably priced and can accomadate small or large groups (www.outdoornebraska.org). Each cabin has a small kitchen, living room, dinning room, and one to four bedrooms (some with bunk beds). Almost all have a patio or deck with grill. The cabins are basic and far from fancy but much better than camping in a tent!



If you don’t want to stay in a cabin the lodge also has hotel rooms, a gift shop, and a restaurant.


It’s a great way to spend time with family & friends and relax.



We went over Easter weekend so not everything was in bloom but it was still gorgeous. I managed to get in both a long bike ride and long run over the weekend. Just a few snap shots of the grounds.





It’s a great chance for everyone to exercise and enjoy nature as there are so many nice trails.




The lookout tower is a great way to get in some stair climbing.

The view from the top is amazing!






My mom was too scared to walk up – not that I blame her as it is pretty tall.

Kudos to grandpa for making the climb!

We used the kitchen constantly, my dad is quite the gourmet chef so brought his own supplies but they do have the basics at the cabins (pans, dishes, silverware…). My contribution to our meals – pizza. Nothing but the best when I cook…


Since it was Easter my mom had to give out treats and presents to her grandpets since much to her chagrin she has no grandchildren!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find almost all of your post's to be just what I'm looking for.

Would you offer guest writers to write content
to suit your needs? I wouldn't mind publishing a post or elaborating on a few of the subjects you write about here. Again, awesome website!
my web page: ideas to make money

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC