I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

14 May 2009

April Showers Bring May Flowers


And we have definitely had more than our fair share of showers lately. Seriously its mid May no more rain please, I am begging. I miss the desert and the hot scorching sun. However, all this rain does have a few minor benefits. Like a nice green law and pretty flowers. It’s fun to have a yard again after years of absolutely no yard or at best a tiny concrete patio. Trust me no grass was going to grow in the desert. Anyway after several years of neglect the porch was looking very sad.

I had it redone right before deploying so it had a brand new floor, fresh paint, etc…but definitely looked like no one lived at 211 Park.

After several stops at Westlake, Sherbondy’s, and this fun plant sale.



I was equipped with plants to jazz up the porch.

I had a table sitting around inside that works perfect on the porch. Now I just need to find a porch swing. I have been looking but no luck yet – any suggestions? The house finally looks inviting and not vacant, it will be even better once the plants grow more.



Now the weather must stay nice so I can sit on the porch and enjoy a glass of wine. And about Westlake - the place is going to break me by the end of summer! Everyday I pass by to and fro work and it continues to entice with the wide array of plants, trees, and bushes on showcase -luckily I don’t drive by Sherbondy’s or Muhalls as that would be even worse! Now its time to jazz up the backyard. Hopefully this weekend if Mother Nature cooperates.

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC