I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

13 January 2009

Jazeera sale

Of course,

This comes exactly two days after I purchased my ticket to Bahrain. Such is my luck, I could have saved over $100 (as the ticket price is KD 1 but you still pay taxes)!! The only saving grace is that it’s for travel as of January 18th and we are leaving on the 16th. But really I didn’t care what weekend we went, could have waited till the next weekend. I am staying at a bargain hotel – the Gulf Gate, its only BHD20 (about $78) a night!

Don’t be fooled, I didn’t choose the hotel and am actually quite worried about it. One review on tripadvisor.com stated it was “disgusting”. Perfect! I wasn't even able to find a good photo of the hotel.... Had I been the planner it would have been the Ritz Carlton Bahrain.

Or if I had a sugar daddy, the Banyan Tree Al Areen.

I am trying to not be a Diva and go with the flow – so the Gulf Gate it is. I will definitely purchase alcohol at duty free and begin drinking immediately upon arrival to ease any pain I may encounter.

This sale makes me contemplate squeezing in one more last minute trip to Dubai or Doha! Bargain flights I like, whereas bargain hotels - not so much.

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC