I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

08 January 2009

Happily back in Kuwait and back in the grind

This was my motivation to return to Kuwait.

My crazy little kitty. I was so happy to see her – especially after the scare the other day when she couldn’t be found. Aeisha followed me around everywhere from the moment I walked through the door and of course slept with me last night. If I ever get a serious boyfriend I am sure this is going to go over brilliantly. We’ll see how much she likes me in about a month when I stick her in a cage for 24 hours to bring her home.

I am trying for a positive outlook this morning so decided to quickly come up with all the reasons I am excited to be back in Kuwait, even though realistically I wish I were starting my new position in Omaha. It was great to get up this morning and work out at home.

 I am also excited that I can run outside later today without having to bundle up or worry about slipping on ice. While we are talking weather I am VERY grateful it was already 10 degrees Celsius at 6 am this morning. Definitely an improvement from Omaha weather and the fact I don’t even need a jacket –let alone a scarf, mittens, etc… makes me very happy. Tomorrow’s outlook on weather.com is promising as well.
" Fri Jan 9: Sunny with a High of 68°, Low of 42°, 0% chance of precipitation"

Jacob bringing me tea & bottle water (which is free) throughout the day, washing my car, and offering up breakfast this morning also makes me excited to be back in Kuwait. I will definitely miss Jacob and his wife when I leave. I have become very spoiled. So there – even though I have a stack of work to tackle and a serious case of jet lag I am glad to be in Kuwait.

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC