I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

26 June 2012

Union Pacific Home Plate


Union Pacific has a very large presence in this area and we love it. My grandpa is a retired UP employee and my dad worked there when he was younger as did half our community I’m sure. It’s UP's 150th year anniversary . I had the honor of attending the UP Home Plate last night prior to the CWS Championship game.
The Home Plate showcased vintage passenger cars. luggage cars, and a coal powered engine that have been restored and parked near the Baseball stadium. Lucky for me they invited several of us to a private reception where we could view the interiors and dine on train fare. It was really fun to see these trains restored and brought back to life.
My grandpa enjoyed telling stories involving the prime days of train travel and all the people that rode on these neat trains. A great event and a fun opportunity to share in a bit of history with my gramps!

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC