I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

01 May 2012

My First Hunting Guide Expedition

We have land in hunter’s paradise yet I never take advantage of it. I’m a pretty good shot but feel sad for the animals if I shoot them. I love going there to enjoy the scenery and fresh air!

Catch and release the tiny fish in our pond.

I just don’t go with the purpose of shooting something. For the first time I acted as a “Guide” this last weekend to show where the good spots are for Turkey, where our boundaries are, etc…
After undergoing a lil makeover I took a spot hiding in a tree being quiet until I heard a victory shot.



Must admit that shot brought a mix of excitement that a turkey was most likely secured but also sadness for the poor turkey who had just met his demise. I know I am a sap. Those turkeys do have gorgeous feathers though! I think my guide servies should be paid for in turkey feathers!


Turns out I must be a darn good Hunt Guide! Maybe I have a new career to fall back on when I retire?

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC