I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

23 May 2012

Garlic Harvest

I harvested all my fall planted garlic yesterday as the tops were starting to brown and sag or fall so I figured it must be time. It was so fun to dig up these lovelies!

I planted a few varieties of Garlic. My favorite is the purple tinged.
It was exciting to look down at the piles of garlic waiting to turn every day meals into a masterpiece.
I hung most of it in my shed to dry so that I can use some now and then the rest can dry for use over the long winter. The smell is quite strong but it looks cool! This gardening gig is sure exciting!!!


1 comment:

Kimberley said...

I am so jealous! I had never even thought to try growing garlic until now....I think I will give it a go!

Enjoy the yumminess :)

Kimberley

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC