I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

16 December 2010

More German Christmas Cheer – Nuremberg


After Munich we ventured via train to Nuremberg. My mom and I loved this city! We lucked out with an amazing hotel room, that even though quite dated, was very fun as two levels with a room for each of us and several balconies.



Fun right? The bathroom reminded me of those in Kuwait as had a huge tub and a bidet…

It was fun to spread out for a few nights. But of course most of our time was spent soaking in the and local architecture.





and of course the Christmas Markets.










We actually enjoyed these markets a little more than Munich even though we didn’t purchase as much. Of course we had to find fun pubs to pop into and warm ourselves from the cold. We lucked upon a few great ones.



This was our favorite.

They served the best Nuremberg style sausages – which other than Bratwurst are my favorite choice for Germany (well along with sauerkraut, potatoes, German beer, dessert….)


One of the days it was snowing big gorgeous snowflakes.


So pretty yet so very cold! So we decided to warm up with a ride on a Bavarian Horse drawn carriage.



So fun and a great way to see a little more of the city.

Another wonderful few days in Germany with my mom. Oh yeah and those big gorgeous snowflakes turned these streets from this:




to this overnight:





Very pretty since I didn't have to drive but a little hard to aneuver the luggage!

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC