I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

18 August 2009

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice...


Saturday afternoon my mom, Marissa, and I hosted a baby shower for Dani (oh yeah Justin helped also before he was banned from the girl party).


She is seven months pregnant and still tiny and cute as a button!


That is not what I will look like if I am ever seven months preggos. I will look more like a whale. The theme was “sugar and spice and everything nice, that is what little girls are made of” which turned out super cute. My mom made spice tea and baby rattle sugar cookies as favors.



It was held at three in the afternoon at the request of Dani so we just had snacks and desserts.

We tie dyed baby clothes for Dani as she loves tie dye

so figured why we were might as well get crafty and make a tablecloth and banner.


Of course we had to play some silly games – we had a word scramble, a measuring tape deal where you guessed the size of Danni’s tummy,


And a game where you had to guess the flavors of baby food based on smell.

Some were downright nasty!!! Ick, homemade baby food is the way to go folks.
I made a new friend, her name is Lilly and she was the prettiest smartest little girl ever (she is Danni’s niece). She turned three the next day so we had to find a present or two for her as well.

I am sure this is the first of many baby showers I will host.

2 comments:

Kansas Sity Sinic said...

Measuring the belly?! Ef that noise! :-)

X-Country2 said...

Whoa, that girl is 7 MONTHS PREGNANT? That's insane.

Good luck on Saturday! I figure taht Lake Manawa can't be any dirtier than Beaver Lake outside Plattsmouth, right? Maybe, hopefully. I plan a bleach bath when I'm done just in case. :o)

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC