I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

02 October 2014

Guatemala Trunk Show

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to join you" John 14:18
 
"And whoever gives one of these little ones even a cup of cold water because he is a disciple truly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward." Mathew 10:42
 



Last night I hosted a trunk show at my house with all kinds of goodies from Guatemala. Purses handmade by the girls at the orphanage to help them pay for college, pine needle baskets made by local widows, tortilla towels, gorgeous overnight bags, delicious coffee, and more.





We raised over $800! I am so excited that we were able to raise this money for the Hogar de Vida orphanage in Guatemala. I visited in July of 2013 and fell in love with several of the kids. Breaks my heart to think of what life they would be living if this orphanage wasn't there to provide them a safe, nurturing, Christian environment.


 
I have a handful of things left to sell. We have a few purses, tablecloths, and one large over night bag. If you're interested I can send you pictures of the remaining items. Based on the success I have decided this will become a yearly event and start hosting once a year to help raise awareness and funds for this orphanage and the amazing missionaries there - Vickie and Norm Sutton. For more information about the orphanage or how to donate directly click here.



"Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver" 2 Corinthians 9:7

1 comment:

Anna said...

What a beautiful post.

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC