I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

28 February 2013

Slow but Steady

These aren't the greatest pics as all Iphone pictures taken late at night with no natural light. But seems that is the only time my schedule allows work on my brother's house right now. Progress has been slow due to limited free time but we do have progress. The "workout room" now has crisp white windows (hardware is ready to install as well), and original woodwork free of paint and restained. Next up walls and ceilling.
The bedroom has the same progress - with the bonus that I tackled the lovely ceilling last night. Nothing as fun as painting ceilings right? I was covered in splatter by the end. I am one messy painter! So hope it turned out good.
We did have one slight fail - my brother picked out a very cool stain color but sadly on his woodwork it turned out looking more burnt wood than rustic (so we started fresh and ended with a more light honey color you see in the first picture)


1 comment:

Raquel said...

It looks like you are doing a great job so far helping out!

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC