I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

24 February 2013

Snow Day

We have been lucky and have had a pretty mild winter this year. Last week we did have a "snow day" - everything looked so much prettier covered in a blanket of white!
And it gave me the perfect excuse to stay inside and bake cookies. I decided to attempt a slightly healthier version and surprisingly they were delic.
·   2 cups whole-wheat flour
·   1 teaspoon baking soda
·   1 teaspoon sea salt
·   3/4 cup virgin coconut oil, at room temperature
·   1 cup packed brown sugar
·   1/2 cup granulated sugar
·   1 teaspoon vanilla extract
·   2 large eggs (I instead used 2 tablespoons flax mixed with 6 tablespoons water for several minutes)
·   1 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.)  Dark chocolate morsels
Bake at 350 degrees - be careful these bake VERY quickly and they will be chewy if in even a few minutes too long.
I also figured while I was bundled up to shovel might as well grill dinner - totally normal right?



No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC