I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

10 March 2009

Back to work

After I left Kuwait I spent several weeks traveling and just enjoying life. I’ll post photos and updates soon. Today is my first day as an attorney for USACE. Back to real life. I was finally able to write “District Counsel” on the signature block of my email. I have a real office, not a cubicle. It has cherry wood furniture v the metal of the others. Funny how it’s the little things in life that can make you happy.

I am now counsel for all of my old real estate coworkers, to include my old bosses. That is the part that seems the strangest. Otherwise it feels like I am back to the same ol USACE I left a few years ago. We have moved into a new building (a remodeled version of the building I started in as a summer hire actually) so it looks different. But otherwise it feels as though nothing has changed, the people are the same as is the atmosphere. I was told by several today to not expect a lot of stress, a large workload, or crazy deadlines. I don’t know if I should rejoice or worry. For now I will rejoice and use this time to become reacclimatized to CB/Omaha. To enjoy having a life outside of work.

I do have one confession, I was given the option to trade in my CAC card for one without the Geneva Convention (in other words am I done deploying). I said no, just couldn’t quite do it. Sorry mom! No need to fret though – I wont be deploying anytime soon.

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC