I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

26 November 2014

A Super Lovely Beach House

Blogs never disappoint when it comes to visualizing what a space could look like. I was torn on the look I wanted for our new home in Vieques. I knew I wanted simple and neutral with pops of color. This home sold me on the idea of white walls and light furniture. I found this dreamy beach retreat on SF Girl by the Bay. Hello gorgeous!!!
 

We used to have bed/couches just like these at our cabin in Niobrara. For sure some fun childhood memories. I want a real comfy couch in our living room but think these might be ideal for our jungle room as allow for extra guests when needed.




We are doing the wood open shelves liek this in our kitchen and I ordered a somewhat similar set of lights (in copper though) to hang.


 All the neutral colors, wood, metal, and tile are perfect. I custom ordered a dinning table much like the one above and am on the search for the perfect metal chairs that will ship to Puerto Rico.

 
I also really love the idea of black and white tin art. These palm trees look so cool this way and what an easy thing to do with photos I can easily take on the island.
 

This place without a doubt makes me want to go unwind and just enjoy the beauty of the area. Our home will have more pops of bright colors, as I feel an island home is the perfect chance for that. But I want to steal several design elements from this gem.

*All Pictures are from SF Girl By Bay.

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC