I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

24 September 2014

Montreal, Canada for a Weekend

Last weekend included a fun short trip to Montreal, Canada. Can't say Montreal was ever on my bucket list of places to visit but it was actually gorgeous and quite fun. We kicked the trip off with Absinthe cocktails at our amazing hotel. I loved the design of the hotel.
 
 
 
 
Then woke up the next morning and headed out for a leisurely jog to stretch our legs and also explore the city a bit more. I absolutely love running when on vacation as it gives me a chance to see things I normally wouldn't. We scored on this run as we were only a few cobblestone streets away from the waterfront.
 
 

 
 

Sadly it was pretty overcast the entire day but at least the rain more or less held off so we were able to get out and explore the Old Town of Montreal. The architecture won me over without a doubt. I loved the intricate details and the copper tops. Gorgeous!


 

There were super pretty flowers and plants everywhere which was a win in my books.





 

We ate several amazing meals, one was at this super cool old stable made into an uber fancy but delicious restaurant called Gibby's. My parents actually ate at this same place when they were in Montreal several years ago.

 
We also had the famous smoked meat. I'm not a huge smoked meat fan but it wasn't bad.  I even ended up with a Diet Coke that had my name in French - win!


No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC