I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

31 July 2013

Introducing the Holiday Rambler



My youngest brother named our newest toy the Holiday Rambler - love it! I will be the first to admit when my dad sent a text (well had my brothers send a text) saying I needed to hurry up and get to an auction as he had a camper for me to look at I thought without a doubt this was a joke. No way do I want this questionable drive-able camper. Especially as I highly doubted it even ran. The camper of my dreams is a pull behind vintage airstream.


However after further inspection the inside held a whole lot of charm and potential and was in such good shape (albeit quite dated) I started to come around to the idea. I mean I have always wanted a camper and here is one just begging for a new home and someone to bring it back to life. We also found out it does indeed not only drive but runs like a champ! 

Before the day was over I was all on board with the crazy 1980's camper and it's charm and potential. Add in the fact we were able to snag it for a total steal and I felt like it was a win win situation! So here she is in all her glory just waiting for a little glamification.....


Road trips and glamping are in my future, my dad has even agreed to go on a road trip or two in this beauty! If you know my dad you know this is a total shocker. He might like the camper even more than my mom and I! I have of course been pouring over camper renovations for ideas. Stay tuned for more pictures.


It goes to a local mechanic for an inspection this week - hoping it passes the test and we can drive it on a maiden voyage to a Billy Currington concert in Crete, NE next month! 

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC