I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

19 July 2013

Guatemala - SAS Mountain

I've decided to start with the easy to post pictures. The ones that don't tug at your heart, bring tears, or a flood of emotions. It was one of those trips for sure.Those posts and pictures will come as I would be doing a disservice to all if I don't share the touching moments and the precious children of Hogar De Vida - I'm just not quite ready yet. Today you get to experience the climbing of the San Andres Sajcabaja  (SAS) Mountain. Holy smokes what a climb and what amazing gorgeous views.

This was maybe  third of the way up the mountain, already gorgeous but it gets better with each foot we gained.



Last photo op until the top of the mountain as i knew if I stopped again and let myself look down I would never have keep going as I was already getting quite petrified of the climb back down and falling.

A better idea of how steep and tall this mountain was is to look down at those still climbing.

And I made it! Thank the good Lord for giving me the confidence and strength. I felt his presence during this climb as crazy as that may sound. Once I stopped listening to my fears and doubts and just said he's got me and I've got this I had the courage to continue up the mountain to the top and was blessed with these views and a sense of triumph.



Several of us girls decided to just sit, reflect, and enjoy. It was such a great experience.








Not sure the pictures even do the true views justice but it's the best I can offer you. Before I knew it the time had come to climb down. I was still quite petrified honestly but knew I could do it. Christina and I paired up and started the trek only to somehow end up totally off the path and (we were later told) headed down the steepest part of the mountain. Out of nowhere appeared these two cowboys and in Spanish conveyed to us that we should follow them instead of our path. I will forever be grateful for them saving us! I truly think God sent them to protect us -again I'm sure this sounds crazy but it just felt right. These guys were unreal trekking up and down this mountain like it was a small hill with the packs of wood and flip flops! (sorry the one picture is blurry sure my hands were shaky!)


Half way down the mountain and watching the others start the descent.

Worth every sore muscle in my body!

"For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strenght of the hills is his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hand formed the dry land. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker. For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand." Psalms 95:3-7

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC