I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

16 April 2015

Black Sand Beach Vieques


I had always heard (and saw via instagram cool photos) about this neat black sand beach in Vieques but had never managed to find it. This trip I was on a mission to find the black sand and the starfish ( coming in another post) and luckily found both! Soooo pretty and unique. We were told it was quite a treacherous hike to the beach but it truly wasn't bad at all, made even easier with a medalla of course ;)







The black sand was so darn and fine and pretty. I took about a million pictures of it.


 
I also loved the pretty cliffs surrounding the beach itself. We enjoyed a little swimming (more wading here as was somewhat rough) and a nice picnic before heading back.

 

Erik even managed to pick up a friend along the way....

If you visit the island this beach is a must see and way way easier to find than I realized.

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC