I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

05 June 2013

Mission Trip Excitement

I have some exciting news!  I have been given an opportunity to go on a short-term mission trip to Guatemala from July 6-16.
My church is sending a team to minister to the children in an orphanage that has about 35 children ranging in ages from 3 to 15 years old.  We will be putting on a vacation Bible school, playing games and sports with the children, teaching English to the older children, and sharing the love of Jesus with them.
The orphanage, called Hogar de Vida, is in a very rural area so we will also have a chance to visit a couple of small villages and minister to the people there as well. Our church has missionaries, Norman and Vickie Sutton, who work and live at the orphanage. You can read more about the orphanage on their blog at http://suttonsserving.blogspot.com/.

 I really need your help.  The cost of this trip is $1,900 and I need to have that amount raised by July 1, 2013.  Any assistance you can give will be greatly appreciated. 
To partner with me financially on this trip, you have two options.  The first is to send a check to my church. Make the check payable to “Christ Community Church” and put a note on the memo line of the check that says, “Guatemala – Melissa Head.  The address to mail the check is:Christ Community Church, 404 S 108 Ave, Omaha, NE 68154.
The other way you can give is through PayPal. Just go to the website:  http://www.cccomaha.org/give   click on "create account" and follow the directions.It will only take a few minutes.  Either option is tax deductible.
I also really need your prayer support.  Prayer that I will raise the required funds, that all my preparation will go well, and that my time in Guatemala will be successful.  I I have struggled with asking for assistance for this trip. I feel as though I should pay for it myself or that others will think it is selfish I am asking for donations to go on a trip. But I also realize the more people I reach out to the more people that will be touched by this trip. The more prayers for those of us going and even more important for the missionaries and children in Guatemala. By asking for financial support it will also allow me to travel on more missions in the future and help a larger number of children.
Thank you in advance for your support both financially and through prayer. I am very excited to participate in this mission and to  love on these kids in Guatemala that were not blessed with the same loving and nurturing home life as I. I will for sure take a million pictures during this mission and share with each and every one of you upon my return - I will also try very very hard to not snatch up that adorable little girl pictured above and bring her home with me.



No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC