I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

16 April 2013

Prayers for Boston

I ran last night with a heavy heart. Images of the horrendous attack in Boston flashing across the news I couldn’t seem to turn off. I can’t even being to express the sadness I feel for all of those injured, those who lost friends and family members, and even those who witnessed the horrific event. Lives will forever be changed. The injuries reminded me of those we would occasionally see in Iraq – the middle of a war zone – not those expected during a marathon in Boston in the US. All I can do is pray for everyone impacted and know that somehow God will get them through this time.
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10


Council Bluffs is hosting The Gambler Half Marathon and 5k this Sunday. This is a chance to come together as a community of not only runners, but mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, daughters, sons....Americans.

It has been proven time and time again that attempts by those to strike fear in the American heart only strengthen our resolve and commitment to each other.  To honor those innocent souls lost -- and the many, many other victims forever impacted by the senseless acts of violence at the conclusion of the Boston marathon on Monday -- at the start of the race there will be a moment of silence

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC