I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

29 July 2010

Is cheerleading a sport?

The age old debate. I remember spending hours defending my sport in high school to the doubters (mostly the boys of course). We would argue over how hard practice was, how athletic we were, and the fact that we competed just like any other athlete. The following article and related comments in the Omaha World Herald crack me up as such strong opinions on whether or not Cheerleading is a sport. I vote YES!!! Especially for the competitive teams. How do you vote? And for entertainment purposes - a cheerleading photo from my glory days borrowed from a FB wall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mm, its fantastic-/

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC