I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

12 January 2010

First Council Meeting

Was last night. I was nervous, excited, jittery, anxious, among a million other emotions. Once the meeting was underway and I relaxed a little it was an amazing experience. I am very excited for the next four years and this wonderful opportunity.

Staff photo/Tim Rohwer (Daily Nonpareil) - Melissa Head, right, prepares for her first meeting as a member of Council Bluffs City Council Monday evening as fellow Councilwoman Lynne Branigan looks on.
I have posted several articles from today’s papers on my Head4CB blog. I know it is cheesy and quite superficial, but I can’t help it. I get excited when I see my name or photo in the paper. Makes me feel famous!! Also means I must put additional thought into wardrobe and hair/makeup, especially on council days since the meetings are broadcasted. Too bad we don’t get a stylist and stipend for wardrobe along with our council salary!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC