I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

17 July 2009

Back to Reality

Vacation was amazing and I have 300+ photos to sort through before sharing. Now it’s back to real life. You know the 9 to 5 (well really the 7 – 330) that pays the bills, the house that always needs work, and of course the fun. My yard looks like a jungle. Extreme rain and 3 weeks of not mowing does not make for a pretty site. However, while I was gone Weilage Landscaping worked their magic. How fun is that to come home to? The new and improved backyard will be revealed soon. I of course have lots of work to do of my own but excited I can finally start.

The inside is also currently in a state of distress. I need to put back furniture, dishes, and other dust collectors. I also have two suitcases filled to the brim to unpack. Once this is done the floors will be revealed. They aren’t perfect and I am a bit unhappy with a few rooms. But that is to be expected with floors that are over a 100 years old. The Mark David Floors did an excellent job and for once the house feels almost clean. An added bonus is my new appliances get delivered Monday! Yay for me – I smell a dinner party in the very near future. Or maybe a backyard BBQ.

Then there is the fun - the part of life that always seems to overtake the work. Why can’t I be a trust funder that doesn’t need to work!! This weekend is Ragbrai and I found several friends crazy enough to agree to ride the first day. Sunday several of us will suit up in our sweet bike jerseys and bike it to Red Oak. Photos and stories sure to come next week. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC