I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

14 March 2015

Bathroom Rennovation Plans for the Beach Shack

Our little casa has one bathroom and right now it is UGLY and not really functioning all that well. It's usable but not ideal. No hot water heater so it has an electric "suicide shower", the toilet has to be turned off after each use or runs, the vanity is kinda broken...


I added a fun shower curtain and rug last trip hoping it would liven things up but obviously this bathroom needs a full renovation.


I ordered these gorgeous cement tiles several weeks ago so counting down until they arrive on the island. They are handmade in the Dominican Republic and I think they will look ahhhhmazing.


Essentially they will go behind the sink, toliet, and then all of the shower. I fell in love with the tiles when I saw another home on the island that HiSugarPlum blogged about. We will then paint the walls white and we are having this beauty of a concrete vanity made.

 

I stole the idea from Heather Bullard (that is her bathroom and her pics)  who has a gorgeous house. I also bought this fun capiz shell chandelier.


I have a fun DIY idea for the mirror, need to make or buy a towel rack, and I want to use vintage wire baskets in place of the ugly shelving deal you see in the pictures. So excited for this first major transformation of the beach shack.

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC