I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

12 September 2013

Election Highs and Lows


"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to preserve so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised." Hebrews 10:35-36


I'm a people pleaser, I want everyone to like me and I get upset anytime I know someone doesn't like me or I hear something negative. I know I need thicker skin and I realize it's impossible to please everyone. I have put myself in the public eye by becoming an elected official so there are bound to be people that wont like me or wont agree with my views. However, none of this stops me from fretting and stewing over any negative comment I receive or unpleasant feedback. Luckily it doesn't happen often but even one comment has me second guessing myself. Someone called me a jerk on a public FB page last week and I worried about this comment for entirely too long. I need to learn to let things roll off me better, especially as I am sure during this election season I will hear plenty of negative along with the positive.



"Many plans are in a person's mind, but the Lord's purpose will succeed" Proverbs 19:21,

This is giving me peace and comfort during this election season. I know what my plans are but have to put my faith in God and realize if it is his purpose for me to serve another term on council then it will happen. Obviously I will still work very hard to do everything in my power to win the votes I need, but somehow I feel less stressed and less worried this election year knowing ultimately he is looking out for my best interest. I need to keep reminding myself of this throughout the next few months and looking to positive scripture as reinforcement of my worth. Ensuring I don't let opinions of others get me down or feeling less worthy.



Obviously these pictures are irrelevant to the subject matter - but every post is better with a little eye candy right??

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC