I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

28 September 2011

Omaha Half Marathon 2011

I felt highly unprepared for this race – but that seems to be the story of my running career. It was a very chilly morning, and my Garmin was dead :( Things were not looking good for me and the Omaha Half! Luckily the weather improved and it turned out to be a great (although VER VERY hilly) race with my two best running buddies.

Miraculously even with no watch/Garmin, several beers the night prior at a wedding, and a light training schedule I still managed to finish with a 2:12 time. Not my fastest but not my worst either. My 10k split was 1:00 which was decent. Overall wish I would have pushed myself a lil more but with no clue how fast I was going it was quite difficult. Amazing how dependent one gets on technology!

*Thank you lil bro Erik and Mike for cheering us on!!!

1 comment:

Lauren@BaylorSays... said...

Wow!! Super impressed...I had a short running career that looked promising for 6 months last year until I gave up from incredibly fierce shin splints. Thinking of picking it up again. You've inspired me! :-)

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC