I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

11 August 2010

How does Thee Garden Grow?



This was my first year for a garden. I ordered loads of seeds from Gurney’s, had my dad till up a great space for the garden, and my mom showed me how to plant the seeds. Then I waited patiently for things to spring to life, and waited, and waited, and waited. Nothing?? I either have some weird bug/animal that eats seeds or they washed away. So Plan B was buy plants. Some were a success:





Others not so much:



Turns out deer love peppers, cucumbers, eggplant, and tomatoes.
Luckily my patio tomatoes and herbs are growing well



Hoping next year I have more success with seeds – thinking raised beds – and find a way to keep the deer away! It has been fun to harvest the veggies I have been able to grow! Every day its exciting to check on the progress.

* Photos are a few weeks old so garden has more veggies now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That must be so satisfying! I have just a few plants this year, but I'm looking forward to planting more next summer :)

Welcome! said...

hi melissa!
i just stumbled upon your blog and adore it! i look forward to following you and your adventures!
xo
kate

Anonymous said...

that is so wonderful! I've always wanted to do this but our weather always stops me! Love the wheel barrel!

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC