I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

06 October 2009

Please Vote Today

It is here - City Council Primaries. Today the field of candidates will be narrowed down from seven to four. I am extremely nervous and can’t wait to find out the results later this evening. This may end up feeling like the longest day of my life!! Of course more than anything I hope I am one of the four remaining candidates. It’s been a great experience. I have had the opportunity to learn so much about how the city of Council Bluffs operates and I have met a lot of amazing and talented people. However after learning all of this, meeting all of these people, and seeing first hand what Council Bluffs has in store for its future I want the opportunity to serve on city council more than ever. To ensure my hometown and yours continues to move forward in a positive direction.

It would be an honor if I am elected. Encourage everyone you know to vote, I think we often take this privilege for granted. It is easy to forget what those before us went through to provide every citizen a right to vote. Many citizens in others countries still don’t have this right to vote. So please don’t take this lightly – take a few minutes after work, after school, or when running errands to stop by and vote. The future of your hometown is in the hands of those you vote for. Thanks!!

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC