I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

13 October 2009

One week ago

I was on pins and needles awaiting the primary results.


I wanted so badly to be one of the top four advancing to the General Election. Never in a million years did I expect results like this:

I ended up in the lead with 25% of the votes! To say I was excited is an understatement! I dont think it had quite sunk in during my interview with the Nonpareil.

Or when recieving congrats from the Mayor.

My parents and grandpa were very proud.

There may have even been a few tears shed as you can tell from the watery eyes.

Hey I am a girl and I was excited, it happens. I had an amazing support staff with me that evening to pass time until we could head to the courthouse for results.



Thanks campaign team (some not pictured) – you have all truly made this campaign so much easier and more fun than I expected. Don’t get me wrong – it’s a lot of hard work!! However, having a supportive team makes that hard work worthwhile and helps relieve some stress when needed. I couldn’t ask for better group of family and friends.

But now is not the time to celebrate or let the numbers go to my head. I am very well aware of the fact that anything is possible now that the field has been narrowed. I plan to work extremely hard these next few weeks in hopes that three weeks from today I can have another victory. A victory that will allow me to serve the citizens of Council Bluffs as a member of their city council.

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC