I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

26 January 2011

USACE Social 2011





Last Friday we had our annual USACE Social. I was one of the main event coordinators and had a great time planning the party and watching it be a huge success. Our budget was more or less nonexistent so we stole (errrr borrowed?) greenery from my parents back yard and mixed in a few roses.




Obviously nothing super fancy or showy but it went well with the room and the time of year. We had cocktail hour for an hour with over 100 of my co-workers mingling.
Along with a few of my family members and friends, pasta dinner, and




finally the main event. Jimmy Weber (who is amazing – you should all check his music out!) performing along with Kelsey Nord and Jason Clinton.


They did an excellent job and were able to keep people on the dance floor all night long.



No small feat, especially with my co-workers. Towards the end of the evening the dance floor was still hopping and not a single person was sitting down!


Thanks to those that helped me coordinate this event, thanks to our COL for supporting our event, to my co-workers, friends, and family that attended, and to our great band!

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC