I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

29 August 2013

Baptism on the Green


"Repent and  be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." Acts 2:38




My church has a really cool festival and event every year called Baptism on the Green. This year they baptized over 160 people that evening! Unreal and so uplifting to see so many giving of their lives to God and publicly announcing they will follow in his steps. I was one of those 160 plus! Crazy right? I have been a believer and a follower for as long as I can remember but I was never baptised. In our church you had to be a certain age, that was deemed old enough to decide on your own, before you could be baptised. By the time I hit said age I was too embarrassed to go in front of the whole church and be dunked in a tank of water. Then as I got older it just seemed like I was then too old for this ritual or again too embarrassing. Dumb I know! This event was perfect. So many others my age and older were participating and it wasn't all eyes on me at Church. I am so glad I finally made the final step and took the plunge literally and figuratively.

My good friend Eva who was our mission trip leader actually was the one to baptize me. So neat right! I felt so blessed and loved by so many that evening. My Aunt, Uncle, Cousin Sarah, and my mom were all there to rejoice and celebrate with me. Christ Community is such a perfect church and I feel at home there - so glad I started going regularly to church again and making time in my life for God and others who follow him!


No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC