I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

15 February 2012

Bake this Cake!


You will not be disappointed. It starts out with all your usual ingredients.

But there is a twist, a surprise of sorts:

Beets! In the cake and the frosting!!!

The beets give the frosting the coolest hot pink color and honestly the taste was amazing. Didn’t taste like vegetable cake at all but instead quite delicious. I originally found the recipe here. If you want a printable recipe go to Joy the Baker.

3 comments:

Raquel said...

Wow, made with beets?!? That is awesome, healthy & tasty. I love red velvet cake, it's one of my favorites!

his little lady said...

yum, yum, yum! and that pink bowl is just darling!
xo TJ

christine donee said...

hmmm. perhaps this weekend I'll give it a try.

and by perhaps. I mean definitely.

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC