I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

16 July 2011

Fresh Herbs



Using fresh herbs transforms any dish from ho hum to pow if you ask me.



And growing your own herbs seems foolproof and easy. I have had great success the last few years. I started with this small wheelbarrow full of a few hers (mostly mint and lemon verbena for ice tea).



And have progressed on to the wheelbarrow, plus this cool old wagon wheel my dad gave me, and a few scattered in the garden.
It’s very enjoyable being to walk outside and snip off a few fresh herbs whenever I am cooking or mixing up a drink. Everything tastes better with fresh herbs added.


Now I just need to figure out how to dry and save some for the loooong winter months. Any pointers?


No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC