I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

04 February 2009

Home

I truly believe that anyplace can feel like home with a bit of work and decoration. I lived in a shipping connex for a year and a half but it was cozy and home – so trust me I have experience. For the last two years this wonderful four bedroom duplex in Jabriya, Kuwait has been home. I painted, I decorated, and I enjoyed.

Formal living and dinning room.



My kitchen.


The laundry – which I won’t miss as these are the smallest machines ever! I can’t wait for my very large very cool orange washer and dryer at home.

Entertainment room and guest bathroom.




The outdoor patio that Aeisha and I loved – excuse the half dead plants I started to let things die as knew I was leaving.

Gym.

Guest bedroom and bathroom that got more use that I expected. Only regret is that my mom never made it over to visit and stay.



My bedroom.


Dressing room.

It already feels less like home as my curtains have been replaced with standard government issue, my chandeliers are down, plants have been relocated. Tomorrow all the rest of my personal belongings will be packed up and shipped to Council Bluffs. I have a very strong hunch that a few tears will be shed. I am extremely excited and blessed to have an amazing family, friends, and a job waiting for me in Council Bluffs. But this has been home for over two years and I will definitely miss it. Bittersweet right now.

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC