I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

05 December 2014

Welcoming December with a Holiday Porch

 


I have all kinds of outdoor décor but decided to mix it up this year and go simple with burlap and a few splashes of red. I never do red but loved the fun Merry Christmas burlap I stumbled upon during a quick Wal-mart shopping excursion. Next thing I knew I had material to whip together a few pillows, red ornaments, and burlap for the greens. My resourceful brother grabbed me all the fresh greens for free from the place he bought my tree for indoor.



I still need to finish the front urns, add some garland, sweep the dirt off the porch (keeping it real), and a holiday door mat but it feels festive and fun when I come home so overall I would call it a win. Now I just need the sun to shine so I can capture the indoor festiveness.




I am on a bit of a pillow making kick lately. It’s such an easy, fast, inexpensive way to spruce up a space. I made three pillows in less than an hour for under $12 total. Granted they are less than perfect, but if I took a smidge more time they could look even better.


No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC