I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

22 September 2015

Sunday Family Dinner

This past Sunday I hosted the usual Sunday family dinner. Nice to take the stress off my parents from time to time plus we wanted to do a meet and greet of sorts with a possible new furry addition to the family. I had a beautiful fall arrangement from the Black Tie event the night prior I was able to use which really made the table.
 

Essentially just whipped out some of the pretty china, decided to mix and match patterns, added in some fun funky anthropologie napkins, candles, painted antlers, and pumpkins and we were good to go with a fun fallish table.


I love the purple mason jars I nabbed a few weeks ago. I think they do different colors every year and it's fun to have a mix of options. Something about drinking out of a mason jar that intrigues me.

 
The whole back patio got a little fall sprucing. Plants that were looking a little haggard were replaced with fresh new mums, pretty pumpkins were added, and the dirt and grime swept away. Can't wait to enjoy several more dinners al fresco during this perfect weather time of year.
 





 We initially had planned to eat before it was pitch dark, but with fall approaching and it getting dark so fast that just didn't happen. So we dinned by candlelight which actually turned out quite fun. I really really need some of those fancy string outdoor lights!
 




No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC