I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

14 December 2012

Thanksgiving Pies

 I know Thanksgiving was weeks ago and Christmas is right around the bend but I finally took time to load photos from my first ever pie from scratch adventure.
I have made many a pie but usually use store crust and pumpkin from a can. This year it was all from scratch! I had pumpkins from our garden (grown merely for decoration) that seemed sad to just toss in the yard waste so figured I would give it a shot.
It may have taken several hours, lots of phone calls to my mom, and one redo, but in the end totally worth it.
The pies turned out delicious if I can brag a bit. Thinking I might have to make a few for Christmas as well.   
Both pie recipes came from the good ol trusty Joy of Cooking. 

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC