I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

25 July 2013

The Farmhouse of my Dreams


Taking a break from posting Guatemala pictures today to share with you a mini farm (currently a large farm but being split into a smaller farm) and farmhouse I have fallen head over heels in love with. It's the fanciest farmhouse I have ever seen and beyond gorgeous. The huge thick woodwork that I perfer, big open spacious rooms, wood floors (under the ugly carpet), old house charm, the list could go on. Dreamy I tell you! Although this house does beg to be filled to the brim with a family, not a single chick....



I even love some of this crazy vintage wallpaper!

As if the house itself wasn't enough to charm me then you throw in all these bonus buildings. I have always dreamed of owning a barn (preferrably red but this needs a coat of paint anyway) and lookie here a barn! And a crazy big horse barn with neat old stalls, a random bonus shed, some corn cribs - possible future chicken house, a silo, the list goes on. Granted some need torn down or sold but some are perfect. I can picture in my mind the farm I would have, the animals I could raise, the amazing garden I could grow. Ahhhhhhh country life why do you tempt me so????






Of course this home isn't in the city limits so it presents a big challenge as a requirement of city council is obiovulsy to live in the city limits. If it weren't for this major hiccup I would have put an offer in yesterday! I just can't stop thinking about this place and how perfect it is for me. Any other city dwellers dying to live in the country? Am I the only crazy one?? Am I crazy enough to buy it and have two homes (both this home and my current home have rental options)?!?!


No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC