I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

02 August 2011

Union Pacific Home Plate


I am way behind on College World Series (CWS) pictures so time to catch up. This was the first year at TD Ameritrade stadium and personally I loved the new location and new stadium! One bonus feature was the Union Pacific Home Plate loacted right next to the new Stadium.

They brought in the iconic No. 844 steam locomotive:



I found out my great grandfather actually designed the cover on these original steam engines!

A fleet of historic Heritage cars were parked near the very site where the transcontinental railroad began!


And invited guests to come enjoy the cars, view, and history:




My grandpa retired from the UP so this was a lot of fun letting him relieve his memories of working on these trains and hearing stories about the olden days. I had a great evening with him!

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC