I travel the world and am truly amazed with the sights, cultures, and people but in my eyes there is no place like home.

Pages

26 January 2009

Muscat, Oman


As I reflect on my time in the Middle East I wanted to share my favorite Middle East vacation. I stayed at the Chedi and had a wonderful 4 day break from Kuwait. It was my first vacation solo and I was quite unsure at first but turned out great. The resort was right on the water, gorgeous, and very private.







Even the gym overlooked the water.

My room was pretty large with huge windows, a sitting area, comfy bed and linens.




Each room was by itself or part of just a few other rooms. No massive hotel/elevators/hallways. I loved the privacy and boutique feel.

The beach was superb. The staff constantly brought around fresh cool towels and mint and lime ice water. It was the best water ever. Especially as it was about 140 degrees and very humid. Exceptional service.




The restaurants were excellents with yummy sushi and gorgeous views of the water. I even managed to have a date for 2 of the 3 evening meals – not to shabby.

I was very impressed with the Souk. A few typical cheesy souvenirs but mostly neat items locally made. I bought a chair of inlaid wood and mother of pearl for my house. A cool brass medallion/tray for my mom that she wanted after seeing one in a home in Kansas City. Frankincense is harvested in Oman and smells pretty good.







Overall an amazing place to visit and by far my favorite hotel ever. Very relaxing trip but far from boring. Perfect.

No comments:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC